Friday, March 9, 2007

Fear Of the Dark - Iron Maiden concert



Iron Maiden, one of best heavy rock Bands is coming first time to India and is going to perform in Palace Grounds in Bangalore on 17th March. The UK band would be first ever international Metal act to perform in India and it is fanatstic opportunity for fans of Bruce Dickinson , Dave Murray and Steve harris. Last time when I attended Deep Purple show in Bangalore, there were huge organisational problems as drinking water at the venue had run out quickly and dehydrated fans had created a riot like situation. Considering that Iron Maiden is hard code metal band I just hope that this time organisers would be prepared for most pits , wall of death and of course would provide ample water and not just Pepsi and coke.

Iron Maiden has such an amazing collection of songs and their concert is going to be real rocker of a party as they are going to bring the entire stage show as used in Europe. It is expected that fans of hard metal genre from not only India but also form neighbouring countries are going to come for this rare concert in subcontinent. I hope I get the ticket for the show as it would be a real treat to hear the anthem of song "Hallowed be thy Name" live. Hallowed be thy name describes a man's thought just before he is sent to the gallows. Some believe that it is the greatest metal song of all times though that it is subjective. I particulary like this song for various reasons. I like the way it starts in slow temo and then slowly builds upto the explosive climax with fantastic piece of guitaring . Last few lines from lyrics of "Hallowed be thy Name"
As I walk all my life drifts before me
And though the end is near Im not sorry
Catch my soul cos its willing to fly away

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
Please dont worry now that I have gone
Ive gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand
Maybe then youll begin to understand
Life down there is just a strange illusion.

4 comments:

GVictor said...

No wonder you commented on my blog :)

Here's a simple analogy to reply to it: Let's say I enjoy listening to CDs of speeches spoken by terrorists. I like it so much that I go to Kashmir and attend meetings held by these anti-Indian terrorists. Then I also pay good money to get tickets to attend these meetings - is that anti-India?

God bless.

Gaurav said...

It is funny. Your analogy that is. Terrorists kill people. Musicians and their fans don't kill others, atleast I haven't heard or known that.

God blesses all anyway.

GVictor said...

Terrorists hurt you physically, music made by bands like Iron Maiden hurt the soul.

What is really strange to me is people actually want to pay money to see a band, which sings about death, darkness, fear and evil like some kind of prayers for it's fans.

"Hell ain't a bad place" (From here to eternity, Iron Maiden)
Of course it is!

"666 the Number of the Beast
666 THE ONE FOR YOU AND ME!" (The number of the beast, Iron Maiden)

The good news is, no matter what Iron Maiden thinks, I can choose not to make 666 my number. So can you. :)

Then there's this song called "dance of the dead", it's so full of demonic activity.

I can go on and on but you see my point I hope.

Simply put, I Choose God, not the enemy.

God bless.

Gaurav said...

666 is just the number. It belongs to God as much as anything else. For God sake it is just a number ;)

And considering how religions of world have tried to sell idea of heaven; Hell might not be such a bad place after all. More people were burnt on stakes and butchered in name of religion,god and heaven. In comparison only few souls are "corrupted" by few long haired , loud musicians and even though they might talk about demon atleast they havent acted like one. Soul or no Soul.

As we kill them all so God will know his own

The innocents died for the Pope on his throne

Templar believers with blood on their hands

Joined in the chorus to kill on demand

Burned at the stake for their soul's liberty

To stand with the cathars, to die and be free


Iron Maiden montsegu lyrics

God has no enemy. Isn't God supposed to be supreme! But then who has known and seen!